I wish I could have taken a better picture. I really don't know how to take a 'good' picture of enchiladas. Also, it seems like every time I try to photograph food, it is night(poor lighting), my family is STARVING(hands in pictures, shaking table)...the excuses could go on and on.
Anyway....you must try these...SO delish!!
- 1 lb. cooked chicken (a shredded rotisserie chicken would work well)
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar tomatillo salsa divided (my jar was 16 oz.)
- 1 small can diced green chilies
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 doz. small flour tortillas
- 1 cup half and half or heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
Directions: Heat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; Saute onion 5 minutes. Add chicken, 1/2 jar salsa, cream cheese and chilies. Reduce heat to medium; stir, melt cheese and blend mixture well. Heat tortillas briefly, then fill each with about 1/3 cup of chicken mixture. Roll up tightly and place in baking dish, seam-sides down. Combine remaining tomatillo salsa with cream; pour over enchiladas and top with shredded cheese. Bake 30 minutes or until cheese melts.