- 4 T. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream or half-and-half
- 1 large egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 pound fresh fettuccine or best-quality dry fettuccine (I used whole grain penne)
Directions: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. While you are waiting for your water to boil, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add heavy cream and cheese. When cheese is melted, add egg yolk(I add a little of the sauce to my egg yolk to temper it and then add it back to the warm sauce). Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon. Remove from heat. Add fettuccine to boiling water, and cook until al dente, following package directions. Drain pasta, and transfer to a large serving platter. Pour sauce over fettuccine. Serve immediately.
Garlic butter shrimp
- 2 pounds large shrimp
- 3 T softened butter
- 1 t. garlic powder or garlic salt. I used salted butter, so I went with the garlic powder
- 3/4 t. red pepper flakes
- 1 t. finely grated Parmesan cheese
Directions: Mix butter, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and parm cheese together well. Add mixed butter to a hot frying pan or cast-iron skillet(med heat). Add shrimp and cook ~2-3 minutes per side until cooked through.