Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Sweet Cereal Mix - yummy stuff!!


My sister sent me these pictures and this recipe. I can't wait to try this stuff!! She couldn't remember where she got the recipe or what it is called. This is what she said in her email...."I really don't know what this stuff is called but it is delicious. I just call it Yummy." Sounds good to me:) If any of you have made this before and know the 'official' name, please leave me a comment and let me know.






Sweet Cereal Mix

Ingredients:

  • 1box Golden Graham cereal
  • 1 box Rice Chex cereal
  • 2 c. slivered almonds and/or pecans (chopped and toasted)
  • 2 c. coconut
  • 2 c. corn syrup
  • 2 c. sugar
  • 1 1/2 cubes butter
Directions: Place cereals, toasted nuts and coconut in a large bowl and toss to mix. In a saucepan, bring corn syrup, sugar and butter to a boil. Boil 2 minutes. Pour over cereal mix and stir until everything is well coated. Pour mixture out onto a buttered cookie sheet to cool and set.
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Our family calls it "gooey crunch" it's SO yummy and addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our family makes it around Christmas time so we call it Christmas Crunch...we absolutely love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend calls it Christmas Crack because it's so addicting. I'm glad to have the recipe now! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks wonderful, I think I am going to have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to add in the mini Reeses pieces. Peanut butter makes everything better!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for visiting!!