Wednesday, July 11, 2012

National Slurpee Day

Did you know that today is National Slurpee Day?  Actually I'm not sure if it is really National Slurpee Day...but that is what I have heard :)  Today7-11 is celebrating their anniversary and giving away FREE Slurpee's.....mmmm...

Since we don't have a 7-11 anywhere near where I live, we decided to make our own slushes today.  I have seen other recipes that use club soda or sprite, we don't drink a lot of soda around here and rarely have it on hand...so we just use water.  I will have to try the other recipes sometime and see how much more yummy they are :)...but for now this works for us and we love it.  And of course...everything is better topped with a little...or a lot...of whipped cream :)



Homemade Slush

Ingredients:
3 1/2 cups water
1 kool-aid packet
2/3 to 1 cup sugar, depending on taste
ice

Directions:  Add water, sugar, and kool-aid to a large blender(needs to be a least a 2 quart blender).  Blend until sugar is dissolved.  Add ice to the 2 quart mark on the blender and blend until smooth.  I always have a cup of water on hand and a cup of ice....just in case I need to add a little more of one or the other to get the consistency that I want.

I also like to add a shot of cream of coconut to strawberry slush...mmm....

Top with a shot of whipped cream, if desired.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting!!