Thursday, June 12, 2014

S'mores Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

Have you seen the S'mores Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies around the Internet?  I first saw them here on the Picky Palate a couple of years ago.  I planned to try them then, but forgot about them.

I saw them again the other day...so the boys and I decided to try them out yesterday.  I used my own favorite cookie dough recipe and then put them together the way that Jenny did.

It made 6 huge cookies...seriously at least 2-4 servings per cookie...depending on if you are feeding boys or mom ;)  They are rich and you definitely need some milk ready for these, but the boys LOVED them!! 


I only had a couple that looked pretty, where the filling was not coming out...but they were all still yummy!  A few looked like the one above, but most looked like the one below :)  Actually I kind like the look of the one below.


S'mores Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:
1/2 cup shortening, I use Crisco
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup instant oatmeal...to make them healthy ;)  I'm joking, I know that no amount of oatmeal could make these healthy.  I actually just like the texture the small amount of oatmeal adds.
~1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 Hershey Chocolate Bars, broken into rows of 3 bars
 6 large marshmallows, cut in half
2 graham crackers divided into 4 sections each

Directions:  Pre-heat oven to 350.  Mix shortening and both sugars until mixed together.  Beat in eggs.  Add vanilla, baking soda, and salt.  Mix until well combined, but not too long.  Add flour, oatmeal and chocolate chips.  Mix until combined.  

Layer a graham cracker quarter with 3 Hershey chocolate squares and 2 marshmallow halves.  Close with another graham cracker.  Top s’more with a large scoop of cookie dough.  Place in hands and place another large scoop on bottom then front and back sides as needed.  Form dough around s’mores.  This part will be mess :)  Place large cookies onto baking sheet and bake for 13-14 minutes or until edges are golden and centers are cooked through.  Let cool for 10 minutes before transferring to cooling rack or serving plate.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting!!