Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Better Than Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce

So...yesterday I was craving Alfredo.  When I found this recipe online, I decided to try it.  I'm glad I did.  It was easy and YUMMY!!  I don't eat at Olive Garden very often (unfortunately)...so...I'm not really sure if this Alfredo sauce is better than Olive Garden, but I can say...that it is very good!!  I topped our pasta with some sauteed mushrooms and it was DELICIOUS, if you like mushrooms, I would definitely recommend adding them!!

Better Than Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce


Ingredients:
3 tablespoons sweet butter

2 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves , minced
2 cups heavy cream
¼ teaspoon white pepper (I used fresh ground black pepper)
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
¾ cup mozzarella cheese
1 (12 ounce) box angel hair pasta

Directions:  Melt butter in medium saucepan with olive oil over medium/low heat.  Add the garlic, cream, white pepper and bring mixture to a simmer.  Stir often.  Add the Parmesan cheese and simmer sauce for 8-10 minutes or until sauce has thickened and is smooth.  When sauce has thickened add the Mozzarella cheese and stir until smooth. STIR FREQUENTLY.  While the sauce cooks, boil noodles for 3-5 minutes.  Place pasta on serving plates and spoon sauce over pasta.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting!!