Tuesday, September 11, 2012

S'mores Bars

It has been SO long since I have posted anything.  3 1/2 weeks ago, I was getting ready to post this recipe....but, my computer crashed!!  It is being worked on STILL.  Hopefully I will get it back soon.  Luckily, I still had these pictures on my camera.  I tried using our OLD(11 years) laptop, but it didn't take too friendly to blogger....SO I am borrowing my husbands computer.
 
 
 
ANYWAYS...I think that this is my new favorite dessert!!  These are good warm... and I think they are even better the next day.  I probably ate half of these...I just kept a fork in the pan after the first day, that way I could grab a quick bite everytime I walked by. 
 
I found this recipe here at The Hungry Runner Girl(my favorite running blog). 




S'mores Bars
 
Ingredients:1 1/2 cups Graham Crackers (1 sleeve), crushed
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 cup mini marshmallows (according to Janae...the more marshmallow...the better!)
3/4 bag chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet because the hershey bars are milk chocolate)
3 Hershey Bars

Directions:  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix together the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and 1/4 sugar.  Press into hte bottom of a 9x13 in baking dish.  Bake for 7 minutes.  Allow to cool slightly.

Cream butter, shortening, sugar and brown sugar together.  Blend in eggs and vanill.  Stir in flour, salt and baking soda.  By hand mix in the chocolate chips and marshmallows.

Spread over the graham cracker crust.  Bake for 10 minutes.  Top with broken pieces of Hershey Bars.  Return to oven and bake for 15 more minutes.  Remove and allow to cool before cutting.  Enjoy!!
Pin It!

1 comment:

THANKS for visiting!!