Monday, July 27, 2015

Chocolate Coconut Bars

I found this recipe in a Lion House cookbook that my Mom gave me awhile ago.  I love coconut SO much!!  These bars are simple and delicious!! 
 
Chocolate Coconut Bars
Ingredients:
2 cups crushed graham crackers
1/2 cup margarine, melted...I used butter
4 Tablespoons sugar
2 cups flaked coconut.....I used sweetened, but I'm sure they would still be great with unsweetened
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
 
Directions:  Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
 
Mix graham crackers, margarine or butter, and sugar together and press into prepared baking pan.  Bake for 7 minutes.  Sprinkle the coconut on top of the crust and then pour the condensed milk over the coconut.  Bake for 15 minutes.  Remove from the oven and sprinkle chocolate chips on top.  When the chips are soft, spread evenly over the coconut.  Allow the chocolate to set up and cut into pieces.  It can be refrigerated to help the chocolate set up.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting!!