Monday, October 27, 2008

Chicken Tortellini Soup

We just had the most WONDERFUL weekend!! My sister and her family came to visit from Utah. They all left this morning and I MISS them already!!

A friend of mine gave me this recipe several years ago and I LOVE it!! We had this for dinner last night. Unfortunately, I got busy visiting and didn't have time to get rolls made before we decided dinner needed to be made. This soup is SO yummy in a nice crusty bread bowl or with crusty rolls on the side.





Chicken Tortellini Soup

Ingredients:

  • 10 oz broccoli
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
  • 1 cup chopped carrots
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 cup chopped onion
  • 3 cans chicken broth(14 1/2 ounce), ~6 cups
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 t. oregano
  • 1/2 t. basil
  • 9 oz package cheese tortellini(fresh in the clear plastic box in the cheese section)
  • grated Parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top

Directions: In a large pot combine chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, chicken, onions, carrots, water, garlic, basil and oregano. Bring to boil. Add tortellini. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes. Add broccoli and simmer and additional 5-10 minutes. or until broccoli is tender. Serve with Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Mmm, I love eating soup this time a year, I'm sure I'll be making this fab looking one very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh delish! That looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for visiting!!