I actually made my little burgers with elk meat, but of course beef would be equally great(or more great depending on your taste:)). I have a freezer full of buffalo, elk and venison...so I use wild game in most of my recipes. I do occasionally buy beef if I am cooking for someone other than my family. My husband is a hunter, so we are always well supplied with red meat.
I thought I took several pictures of these little burgers, but only had a couple. I was in a hurry to get these to the family and the battery on my camera was almost dead. We will be eating these again soon, so I'll try again:) Sorry this one is SO blurry!
Beef and Black Bean Burgers
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed, drained and slightly mashed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 1 jalapeno, grated or chopped
- 1 1/2 t. McCormick's Grill Mates Montreal steak seasoning
- buns (I used Molly's roll recipe and made mini buns)
- Your favorite burger toppings
Directions: Mix first 6 ingredients together. Form into patties and grill. Place the patties on the buns and top with your favorite burger toppings. Makes ~5-6 servings