Thursday, February 19, 2009

Hearty Fiesta Bean Soup

This soup is simple and delicious!

I found this recipe in my local Basha's Ad yesterday. My son actually made the soup to pass off a cub scout requirement. He did a GREAT job:)

Hearty Fiesta Bean Soup

Ingredients:

  • 1 (15 oz) can chicken or vegetable broth (I used chicken)
  • 1 (16 oz) can fat-free refried beans
  • 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 (15.25 oz) can corn, drained and rinsed
  • 1 (10 oz) can tomatoes & chilies, like RO*TEL (I used the 15 oz generic brand petite diced tomatoes with green chilies)

Directions: Put the broth and refried beans into a soup pot and heat, while whisking together, until the beans have incorporated fully into the broth.

Add the rest of the ingredients and heat, while stirring until the soup is boiling.

Serve with cilantro, cheese, sour cream and a couple dashes of Tabasco.

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. the soup looks really good and easy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh...I'm going to try this. My daughter loves to cook and this would be perfect for her! thank!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one great recipe. I made it today and we will have more tomorrow. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for visiting!!