Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Sopapilla Cheesecake

I saw this recipe over at Real Mom Kitchen. It looked fantastic and I knew that I had to try it. Laura has a WONDERFUL food blog. Check it out!!

I REALLY enjoyed these!! Maybe a little too much! I gave about half away to keep myself from eating them all. I would suggest sharing these with family and friends:)
Unfortunately, the picture I took of this 'plated up' was very blurry, so this is what I have.

Sopapilla Cheesecake

Ingredients:

  • 2 cans Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
  • 2 8 oz. packages of cream cheese (room temperature)
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
  • 1 t vanilla extract
  • 1 t cinnamon
  • 1 stick butter (1/2 cup real butter, not margarine)

Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9x13" baking dish. Unroll 1 can of crescent rolls and place in the baking dish. Press the seams together, or buy the crescent roll sheets(that's what I did:)). In a separate bowl beat together the cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread the cream cheese mixture on the crescent rolls sheet in the baking dish. Top the cream cheese mixture with the other can of crescent rolls, press seams together. Melt butter and pour over the top layer of crescents. Mix 1/2 cup sugar with 1 t cinnamon and sprinkle on top of butter. You can add more or less of the cinnamon sugar depending on your taste. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly and the bottom crust is slightly brown. Allow to cool then slice and serve.

Pin It!

14 comments:

  1. What a great sounding easy cheesecake. I've never made a cheesecake with crescent rolls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy,

    I left an award for you on my blog! Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOODNESS- I think this was the same cake that was at my husband work Christmas party last year. -It looks the same. Thank you soooo much for posting. I may have to make this next week -

    Great blog!

    Kelly
    www.KellyAnnStudio.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. After I spread the cheesecake mixture on the first layer of crescent roll dough, I open a can of ready-made fruit pie filling and spread it on top of the cheesecake. I then apply the second layer of crescent roll on top of the fruit and finish and bake per the recipe. So far, Ive tried apple and peach. Wonderful addition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had this last night at a 4 th of July party. Loved them!! I'll make some very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also had this over the 4th of July holiday at a family get-to-gether. Apple pie filling was also used in the recipe. It was fantastic. Best dessert I have had in a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is amazing! my sister made this last week! to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was so delicious and so easy to make! I took about a cup of chocolate syrup and swirled it into the cheesecake part. Then I made homemade whipped cream and dolloped that onto each piece and then drizzled some agave over the whole thing. SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just had this at a potluck today and it was AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is to die for! My friend brought it to Mom's Night Out (potluck style) and we could not get enough.

    I can't wait to make this to wow some people!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for posting this my grandma used to make this and I wanted to make it for my family but couldn't remember the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  12. I made this today. It is very good but in my opinion, there is too much cream cheese. I could have been ok with 1 or 1.5 packages. It was just too gooey. Thank you for the recipe though! I will be making it again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I made this with fresh strawberries i sliced.....awesome

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for visiting!!