Monday, October 26, 2009

Salsa / Pico

I made this salsa/pico to go with the shredded beef taquitos that I made the other night. I wanted to make some pico, but didn't want to hand chop the veggies.....so I made a salsa pico combo.

Salsa/Pico

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 bunch cilantro
  • 3 green onions, including green part
  • juice of 1 lime
  • 1 jalapeno pepper
  • 3-4 tomatoes (I can't remember how many I used, start with 3 and add 4 depending on how you like it)
  • 1 avocado
  • 1/2 t garlic salt
  • 1/2 t Lawry's seasoning salt
  • 1/4 t ground cumin
  • 1/4 t cayenne pepper

Directions: Add cilantro to a food processor and pulse until it is chopped fine. Add green onions, lime juice, and jalapeno, pulse until chopped. Add tomatoes, avocado and spices and pulse until tomatoes and avocado are desired consistency.

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. That looks delicious...I cant wait to try it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog and I'm so excited I did!! you've got some great recipes... and a pressurizer? I gotta get me one of those!
    I'll be checking back often!
    -Mini Baker

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look really good and simple to make. I’ll have to try them one day! :)

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for visiting!!