My Sister sent me this recipe. Her husband made them for her(lucky). We had to try them and we LOVED them. My Sister served hers with pureed strawberries and pureed peaches mixed with a little Splenda, fresh berries and powdered sugar. I served mine topped with mixed berry sauce(I'll share that recipe soon), whipped cream and strawberries.
I loved these, the filling wasn't too sweet and mixed wonderfully with the fruit syrup and whipped cream. Thanks for the recipe, Heather!
Crepes with Cheese Blintz Filling
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 3 T butter, melted
- 2 T granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 t. vanilla
- 1/2 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- additional butter (for pan)
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 t. vanilla
- Use an electric mixer to blend together all crepe ingredients(except the butter for the pan) in a large bowl. Blend just until smooth. The butter will be very thin.
- Combine the filling ingredients in a medium bowl and mix by hand. Keep the filling nearby.
- Preheat a 10-inch frying pan over medium heat. When the pan is hot add 1/2 t. butter.
- When the butter has melted, pour 1/3 cup batter into the pan. Swirl the batter so that it entirely coats the bottom of the pan. Cook for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until golden brown on one side.
- Use a spatula to lift an edge of the crepe, grab it with your finger, use the spatula to quickly flip over. Cook for another 1 1/2 or until a bit lighter shade of brown than the first side, then slide it out of the pan. Repeat with the rest of the batter and stack finished crepes on top of each other to keep them warm.
- Heat the cheese filling in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes or until hot. When ready to fill the crepes, place each crepe, dark side down, on a plate. Pour 2 to 3 T of cheese filling across the center of the crepe. Fold the sides in and flip entire blintz over(to hide seam) onto a serving plate.
- Top with desired toppings.