Friday, February 11, 2011

Valentines Cookies, Reece's Style



I found these cookies over at the blog, my name is snickerdoodle. She called them 'melt your heart cookies'. SO cute!

I just wanted to share these really quick and tell you to go check out my name is snickerdoodle (her picture is MUCH better than mine:)). I used a different peanut butter cookie recipe than she used for hers. These are basically the same as the Reece's mini-muffin cookies that I blogged about here.
Valentines Cookies, Reece's Style
Ingredients:
  • 1 3/4 cup flour
  • 1/2 t. salt
  • 1 t. baking soda
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 t. vanilla extract
  • 2 T. milk
  • 30-40 miniature Reece's Peanut Butter HEARTS
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
  2. Combine flour, salt, and baking soda, set aside
  3. Cream together the butter, sugar, peanut butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg, vanilla and milk. Add the flour mixture; mix well.
  4. Using approx. 1 T of dough, shape into a ball, roll in sugar and place on a baking sheet.
  5. Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes. Remove from oven. Allow to cool for 2 minutes. Press Reece's heart into the center of the cookie and allow to finish cooling.
Edited:  I now let my cookies cool for 9-10 minutes before adding the Reece's heart.  The Reece's hearts will melt, if you add them too soon.  In the first picture above, I let the cookies cool ~10 minutes.  The second picture was cooling for ~2 minutes.

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for this idea!! I made them for a friend for her birthday this week with a note that said "We *heart* you!" I made the pb cup mini muffin cookies for her at Christmas and she LOVED them so I knew she would *heart* these. Thanks again for helping make her day special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.... I have to have these!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need followers. Please follow my blog. I would appreciate it. Thanks and God bless you.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for visiting!!