I found these cookies over at the blog, my name is snickerdoodle. She called them 'melt your heart cookies'. SO cute!
I just wanted to share these really quick and tell you to go check out my name is snickerdoodle (her picture is MUCH better than mine:)). I used a different peanut butter cookie recipe than she used for hers. These are basically the same as the Reece's mini-muffin cookies that I blogged about here.
Valentines Cookies, Reece's Style
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 2 T. milk
- 30-40 miniature Reece's Peanut Butter HEARTS
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Combine flour, salt, and baking soda, set aside
- Cream together the butter, sugar, peanut butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg, vanilla and milk. Add the flour mixture; mix well.
- Using approx. 1 T of dough, shape into a ball, roll in sugar and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes. Remove from oven. Allow to cool for 2 minutes. Press Reece's heart into the center of the cookie and allow to finish cooling.
Edited: I now let my cookies cool for 9-10 minutes before adding the Reece's heart. The Reece's hearts will melt, if you add them too soon. In the first picture above, I let the cookies cool ~10 minutes. The second picture was cooling for ~2 minutes.