Thursday, May 10, 2012

Wonton Salad

I LOVE salad!!  I had this salad at a friend's house and it is delicious and SO pretty.
Wonton Salad

Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded or chopped
1 head lettuce (I used half green leaf and 1/2 spinach)
2-3 green onions chopped
toasted almonds
1 can mandarin oranges (I can't remember the can size...11ish oz.)
1/2 pkg. wonton wrappers cut into quarters and fried (cut from corner to corner so that you have triangular pieces)

Dressing: 
2 TBL vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup oil (I used canola)

Directions:  Mix salad ingredients together(except wonton wrappers).  Mix dressing ingredients with fork until sugar is dissolved.  Toss salad with dressing.  Top with fried wontons.

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I made this salad recipe and we all liked it except I could not get the sugar to dissolve by shaking. Is it really equal parts sugar and oil?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, It is equal parts. I have to whisk it for quite awhile to get the sugar to dissolve. I like to mix the ingredients together, then let the dressing sit for a little bit and finish whisking it smooth just before serving.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for visiting!!