Monday, August 17, 2015

Copycat Orange Julius

This is the third Orange Julius recipe I have posted.  The others are here and here

Last night we were having breakfast for dinner.  I love breakfast for dinner ;) .  We had buttermilk waffles with pureed (frozen) strawberries, buttermilk syrup, and jalapeno bacon.  I was going to make a fruit smoothie to go with dinner, but the boys all wanted Orange Julius.  I didn't have orange juice concentrate or any oranges to make the other recipes I have, but I did have orange juice.  SO, I went to the internet to find a recipe that uses orange juice for the Julius.  I found it here at Lynn's Kitchen Adventures.

We all enjoyed this recipe very much.  I actually prefer the Orange Julius recipe with the orange juice concentrate....a little more orange flavor and a little more tart, but this is great too!!  We will definitely be making these again!

I added more ice than the recipe calls for.  We like our Orange Julius a little thicker....SO adjust the amount of ice you add to your liking.


Copycat Orange Julius
 
Ingredients:
2 cups orange juice
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 cup ice
 
Directions:  Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.  Pour into glasses and enjoy!!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting!!