Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I'm BACK...w/ Roast and Carrots

We had an 'issue' with our laptop and it has been gone for awhile getting fixed. I am SO happy to have it back!! I thought I'd share with you my FAVORITE way to cook roast and carrots!! My kids don't like cooked carrots and I never have either, but we all love these. The recipe for the roast is SO yummy!! It is great for French dip sandwiches or use the liquid to make gravy.

Crock pot Roast

Ingredients:

  • 5 lb. boneless rump roast (pretty much any cut of meat will work)
  • 1 T garlic powder
  • 1/2 t seasoned salt
  • 1/2 t cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 t oregano
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
  • 2 cups beef broth

Directions: Put everything together in the crock pot. Cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-6 hours.

To make gravy: Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a medium saucepan. Mix in 2 tablespoons flour. Whisk in 2 cups of the liquid from the roast. Cook until it thickens to desired consistency.

This is also great for French dip sandwiches. Shred your meat, place in on bread of your choice and dip in the juice. We like to butter crusty rolls, sprinkle on some parmesan cheese and place under the broiler for a couple of minutes(until the cheese melts) before we put our meat on them and then dip. YUM!!

Sweet Carrots

Ingredients:

  • 1 pound carrots, peeled and sliced
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 1 T butter
  • 1 T sugar
  • salt and pepper to taste

Directions: Place everything together in a small saucepan. Bring to boil and cook until carrots are tender.

Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Glad your back. I think I may have to try both of these recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missed ya!! Glad to see you are back...that dinner looks wonderful. Love that gravy, mmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are back. I made the roast, gravy, and carrots today for dinner. It was fabulous. I will blog about it sometime this week. I also don't think I'll ever cook carrots any other way now! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for visiting!!