I used some of this batter to make some onion rings and they were fantastic too.
Unfortunately this is NOT a pretty picture! These little babies were getting snatched up faster than than I could cook them, so I finally just took a quick picture of them while they were draining on the paper towel.
- 3/4 cup complete pancake flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup corn meal(I used white corn meal)
- 3/4 cup milk(I used a little more ~1 cup)
- hot dogs, we use Ball Park All Beef Franks
Directions: Stir all ingredients together and let sit for 20 minutes. Batter should be consistency of cake batter. Pat hot dogs dry, this is important or the batter will come off when it hits the hot oil. Put sticks in hot dogs(I didn't use), coat with batter and deep fry until golden brown.