Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Cafe Rio Creamy Tomatillo Dressing

Here is the tomatillo dressing recipe that I said I was going to share with you on Monday. I am SLOW, but this is SO yummy!! Thanks to my neighbor for sharing it with me!!

I just finished eating this as a mid-morning snack. I LOVE to dip fresh warm tortillas into the dressing!! It is, of course, WONDERFUL with the Cafe Rio Sweet Pork Salad too:)



Cafe Rio Creamy Tomatillo Dressing

Ingredients:

  • 3 tomatillos, peeled and cut into 1/4's
  • juice of 1/2 lime
  • 1/2 c. buttermilk
  • 1/2 c. mayo
  • 1/2 c. sour cream
  • 1 pkg. dry ranch buttermilk dressing
  • 1 c. fresh chopped cilantro
  • 6 green onions, with ends
  • 2 cloves crushed garlic
  • 3 t. sugar
  • 1 jalapeno, sliced thin

Directions: Mix well in blender(I used my food processor). Refrigerate for at least one hour.

*Note: When buying tomatillos, peel the skin back to the top of the tomatillo to make sure it is good. I have found some that look good until I peel the skin all the way back.

Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. I love the flavor of tomatillos. This dressing sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was given a blog award and asked to pass it on to 15 other bloggers. I chose your blog because I've enjoyed your recipes. You can get your award at mysisterskitchen209.blogspot.com. If you can pass it along to 15 other bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been looking for the Cafe Rio recipe forever and have tried a few different variations--these one already looks like it's going to taste a lot like Cafe Rio's. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've tried many versions of the Cafe' Rio Tomatillo dressing and I have to say this one is the best. I did have to make a few substitutions, I omitted the green onions and used green Tabasco instead of jalapenos. But the end result was delicious!!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an amazing recipe, good reviews from all my roommates who tried it, thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for visiting!!