Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Heavenly Brownies

My family wanted brownies the other night. I was going to make applesauce brownies, but my oldest son requested Mississippi Mud Cake. I didn't have any marshmallows but I did have some marshmallow creme and then I found this recipe at cooks.com. I can't seem to find this exact recipe on their site this morning, but luckily I had printed it out. Try these brownies they are YUMMY!! I'm sure I could have gotten a prettier picture if I would have had the patience to wait until they were cool to cut into them...:)


Heavenly Brownies
Ingredients:
  • 2 sticks butter (1 c.)
  • 2 c. sugar
  • 1 1/2 c. flour
  • 1/2 c. nuts (optional)
  • 3 T cocoa
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 t vanilla
  • 1 jar marshmallow creme (sm jar)

Directions: Melt together butter and cocoa. Beat eggs and sugar together, and add cocoa mixture alternately with flour. Add nuts and vanilla. Bake in 9 x 13-inch pan at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. Spread top with marshmallow creme as soon as it is removed from oven. Let cool and frost with the following.

FROSTING: Melt together 1/2 stick butter and 1 heaping T cocoa. Add 1/2 box Powdered sugar. Beat with 1 T milk. Spread on brownies.

**note...I used salted butter, if you use unsalted butter I would add a little salt to the brownie mix and the frosting. To make the marshmallow creme a little easier to spread, you could melt it a little by placing the jar into a bowl of hot water. I didn't have a box of powdered sugar, I just added until it was the consistency that I wanted.

Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. I love your blog you always have such great recipes.Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. uh, hello! These look scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been given the Sunshine Blog Award!

    http://crazycraftycousins.blogspot.com/2010/05/sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where's my sample? That looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for visiting!!