Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Red Hot Cinnamon Candy Popcorn



My sister told me about this recipe. She found it here at cdkitchen. This popcorn is SO yummy!!



Red Hot Cinnamon Candy Popcorn

Ingredients:
6 quarts popped popcorn
12 oz red cinnamon candies (red hots)
sugar
1 cup butter
1/2 cup corn syrup
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda

Directions: Spread popcorn in a lightly buttered roasting pan; bake at 250 degrees while you prepare the syrup. Pour the cinnamon candies into a 2 cup measuring cup(I used my liquid measuring cup). Fill the remaining space up to two cups with sugar. Place in a heavy pan. Add butter, corn syrup and salt. Bring to a boil; boil for 5 minutes.

Remove from heat; carefully stir in baking soda. Pour over popcorn stirring to coat. Continue to bake at 250 for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from oven, stir one last time; let cool. Break into pieces; store in an airtight container.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Do you think it would be possible to substitute another candy for the red hots, like werther's or butterscotch discs or maybe even Jolly Ranchers? I love the red hots but my daughter is super sensitive to anything that is even remotely spicy hot. I think it would be nice to see if it would work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried different Candies some work some don't you just have to see if they melt Starburst don't work, the round cinnamon candies don't work I also like the puffed corn with the red hots better then popcorn

      Delete

THANKS for visiting!!