Thursday, September 22, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies with a hint of coconut

So...the other day I started making my favorite chocolate chip cookies. I took out the shortening, and it was rancid...really....I just bought it a week or two earlier. ...and it didn't 'expire' until March 22 2013. I was MAD...I had only used it a couple of times and that stuff is not cheap.


....anyway, I had some coconut oil in the pantry that my Mother-in-law gave us. I decided to use that instead of the shortening. I don't know if I will ever go back to using shortening. These cookies are SO good!! Just a hint of the coconut taste. Even my 11 year old that hates coconut, LOVES these!!

Chocolate Chip Cookies with a hint of coconut

(basically these cookies with coconut oil)


Ingredients:

1/2 cup coconut oil

1/2 cup brown sugar

1 cup sugar

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking soda

2 cups all-purpose flour

1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips


Directions: Preheat oven to 375. Cream together coconut oil, brown sugar and sugar, eggs and vanilla. Add salt, baking soda, and flour. Stir in chocolate chips. Bake at 375 for 9-10 minutes.


Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. I never would have thought to sub coconut oil! I will have to try these. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog via Pinterest and these cookies look PERFECT. I have sooooo much coconut oil on hand; always looking for awesome recipes to use it in. YUM on these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O M G! My new favorite recipe. My whole family of 5 already devoured them. Next time I'm doubling the recipe. Didn't miss the butter at ALL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. super delicious and super easy. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for visiting!!