Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Cheesy Garlic Bread

Mmmm....this cheesy garlic bread is delicious!!  Did you know that when you buy a loaf of French bread from the bakery at the grocery store they will slice it for you?  Maybe I am the last one to know, but it is awesome!!!  My bakery will slice it half lengthwise(like I did for this recipe) or into slices.  Since I have found this out, I have had many loaves of French bread sliced for French toast.  I think it is especially great for crusty bread, since crusty bread seem to send crumbs everywhere when I slice it at home!
 
 I have other pictures of this cheesy garlic bread on my computer, but for some reason my computer is having issues and won't let me load them.  I thought....I'll just wait until tomorrow to post this recipe when my computer figures itself out....but then I thought.....haha....then that would mean next week or maybe next month.  SO, this will have to do for now and maybe I'll add more pictures when/if I figure my computer out :)
 
 
Cheesy Garlic Bread
 
Ingredients:
1 loaf French bread, cut in half lengthwise
8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
1-2 teaspoons of crushed garlic...I used 2.  If you don't LOVE garlic, you may want to use less
1-2 cups of assorted cheese...I used a mixture of Provolone, Monterrey Jack and Mozzarella
 
Directions:  Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Mix the softened cream cheese and crushed garlic together until mixed very well.  Add in the assorted cheese 1/2 cup at a time, until you can't mix in any more :)  Spread mixture onto each half of French bread.  Cut each half into slices.  Place each half of French bread onto a piece of tinfoil and push up against edges of bread, as seen in the picture above.  Place both halves of French bread onto a baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and starting to brown on top.  Serve with something yummy to dip it in....soup, marinara, alfredo sauce, salad dressing, etc. :)


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting!!