Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Strawberry Salsa with Cinnamon Pie Crust Chips

I found this recipe at Crazy for Crust.  We LOVE strawberries at our house!!  SO....when I saw this recipe I knew we would need to try this at our house!!  AND....just as I thought....it is/was delicious :)
 
Strawberry Salsa with Cinnamon Pie Crust Chips
 
Strawberry Salsa
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups diced strawberries
1-2 teaspoons of sugar, (I used 1 teaspoon)
1 teaspoon orange juice
1 Tablespoon frozen limeade concentrate (thawed)
zest of 1/2 of a lime
 
Directions:  Mix all ingredients together.  Serve and enjoy!!
 
Cinnamon Pie Crust Chips
Ingredients:
2 pie crusts (homemade or from the refrigerated section at the grocery store)
melted butter (I used 2-3 Tablespoons....I love butter)
1/3 cup cinnamon sugar (I also really love cinnamon sugar)
 
Directions:  Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Brush melted butter onto your pie crusts, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.  Cut your pie crust into strip and then into triangles, a pizza cutter works great for this.  Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or aluminum foil and place your 'chips' on the baking sheet.  Bake for 6-8 minutes.  Serve and enjoy!

**I used more butter and cinnamon sugar than crazy for crust.  Feel free to cut back, if you would like.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting!!