Friday, August 22, 2008

Whole Wheat Blender Pancakes

I don't have a lot of time today, but I wanted to post this yummy recipe!! We love to have these for a quick healthy breakfast. I have a lot of whole wheat kernels that I have been storing and this is a great way to use/rotate my storage. My husband usually just grabs a few on his way out the door and eats them plain. The rest of us drown them in syrup and a couple hours later my 2 year old comes asking to eat some like a cookie(plain). I have seen several versions of this pancake and this one is our favorite and seems to work best for us.

Whole Wheat Blender Pancakes

Blend on high in blender for 2 minutes:

  • 1 cup whole wheat kernels
  • 1 cup milk

Add the following and blend for 2 more minutes:

  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/3 cup oil
  • 1 t salt
  • 1 T honey or sugar

Just before frying on hot griddle, add:

  • 1 T baking powder
  • additional liquid to desired consistency(if needed)
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. What a good idea. They look so good too. Thank you for your nice comments on my blog. It's fun seeing what other people have to say. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! These look so light and fluffy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm all over this idea. I've got some in my food storage, sitting there with nothing to do. Great great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to try blender pancakes for ages now, you've inspired me to get cracking! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love blender pancakes! They are fast and healthy too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look great!! I have never bought whole wheat kernels, where do I find those? I love making healthy pancakes!

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for visiting!!