Saturday, February 6, 2016

Alfredo Sauce

I typed this recipe up and printed it out ~15 years ago.  I'm not sure where it came from....I think Martha Stewart, maybe.  It is super simple and super delicious!


We ate our Alfredo with Penne pasta, roasted asparagus and chicken marinated in Italian dressing then grilled with a generous amount of Cajun seasoning sprinkled on while grilling.

Alfredo Sauce

Ingredients:
4 T(1/2 cube) butter
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup heavy cream or half-and-half
1 large egg yolk, lightly beaten

Directions:  Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.  Add heavy cream and cheese.  When cheese is melted, add egg yolk(I add a little of the cream and cheese mixture to the egg and then add the egg back to the saucepan.  I do this so that the sauce doesn't 'scramble' the egg yolk when I add it.)  Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon.  Remove from heat.  Serve immediately.

If you are serving this with pasta, place your water on the stove to boil and cook your pasta as you make the sauce. 
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting!!