Saturday, February 13, 2016

Cookies for Valentine's Day

Since Valentine's Day is tomorrow.  I just thought I'd share 3 of our favorite cookies to make for Valentine's Day.  These are in no particular order...we love them all nearly equally!

Cookie #1:  Homemade Oreos...here and here


Add a little red food coloring to your frosting, to make them a little more Valentine.  Mmmm....my boys love these!!  

There is one thing I don't like about making these cookies....frosting them :)  It really isn't a big deal, but I just don't like doing it.  SO....my boys and I made these a week or two ago for a scout meeting and we decided to just use the cookie scoop for the frosting.  It was great!!  Also perfect ratio of frosting to cookie for me :)  ...2:1...2 tablespoon sized cookies and 1 tablespoon size portion of frosting.  AND....so quick and easy!!





See how great that is :)  Oh...and don't mind the upside down honey bear in some of the pictures.  Sometimes we store it that way when we are trying to get that last little bit of honey out. :)



Mmmm....these are SO good!!  Melt in your mouth good!!

Cookie # 3:  Peanut butter blossoms with Hershey Kisses or Reece's Peanut Butter Hearts...here or here



If you make the peanut butter blossoms with Reece's Peanut Butter Hearts instead of Hershey Kisses, just make sure you let your cookie cool longer before pressing it into the cookie...~10 minutes...so that it doesn't melt.


OR....

If you don't want to make cookies....I'd recommend making Raspberry Rolls...So good!!  


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting!!