Monday, February 1, 2016

What we ate....Menu #4....and Macaroni and Tomato Juice

Another week....another menu :)

Monday:  Chicken Taquitos
Tuesday:  Crock Pot Cheese Tortellini Soup
Wednesday:  Macaroni and Tomato Juice (below) with homemade bread
Thursday:  Leftovers
Friday:  Grilled Steak, Pasta w/browned butter and Parm Cheese, and Fresh Veggies
Saturday:  New England Clam Chowder with Italian Bread Bowls
Sunday:  Biscuits and Gravy, Fruit Smoothie

I can't wait to eat some leftover clam chowder for lunch today!!  It was SO good and the bread bowl....mmmm!!!  

When I was a kid, I LOVED it when my mom would make macaroni and tomato juice!!  It was one of my favorite things and one of the first things I could cook.  In fact, I would make this for dinner every time I got to babysit my siblings.....they would all groan, because they didn't appreciate it as much as I did ;)

I usually season mine with Nature's Seasons seasoning blend and fresh ground pepper.  I LOVE this seasoning!!....on everything:)....but I was out.


Sometime if I don't have Nature's Seasons, I will just use celery salt and pepper.  This time I used Mrs. Dash Original Blend and pepper.  I love my macaroni and tomato with or without the ground beef....so if you don't have it, or just don't want it, leave it out....it will still be delicious!!


Adjust ingredients to fit your needs.  The measurements below fed my family of 6 with just a small amount of leftovers for one lunch the next day.


Macaroni and Tomato Juice

Ingredients:
~ 1/2-1 lb ground beef
~3/4 lb pasta... I like shells or elbow macaroni for this
1- 46 oz can/jar of tomato juice
seasonings to taste

Directions:  Brown your ground beef, drain off fat and set aside.  Prepare pasta according to directions.  Combine pasta, ground beef, tomato juice and seasonings.  Heat and serve.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting!!