Friday, February 5, 2016

Roasted Asparagus

When I was growing up, my grandma had a garden bed with beautiful asparagus growing in it...but I don't remember ever eating any of it.  hmmm... I was probably a picky eater back then.  I do remember eating yummy bottled peaches and the BEST homemade pickles at her house.  I have her pickle recipe and someday....if I get my hands on some good cucumbers to pickle I will post it here :)

Anyway.....now I love asparagus and wish I had a garden bed of my own beautiful asparagus.  I think I will plant some this spring.  I especially love roasted asparagus.  SO simple and yummy!!  

Mmmm...fresh asparagus is so pretty!

Roasted Asparagus

Ingredients:
Asparagus
Olive oil
Salt
Pepper

Directions:  Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Cut the tough part(~1-2 inches) off of the bottom of the asparagus.  Place asparagus on a baking sheet.  Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.  Bake for approx. 25 minutes until it starts to get crispy and asparagus is tender.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Yummy one of my favorite things! I need to plant me some also :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy one of my favorite things! I need to plant me some also :)

    ReplyDelete

THANKS for visiting!!