Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Toffee Brownies


This guy had a Blue and Gold Banquet last night for cub scouts.  We had a great time!!  Delicious food and great entertainment :)  I wish I could crop myself out of this picture.  Zac looks so cute and I look...well, tired!!  Oh wait...I was tired!
Anyway(is it anyway or anyways?), we were asked to bring a dessert.  We decided to make brownies. I have made these brownies before, but it has been a few years.  This is a Paula Deen recipe.  These brownies are super simple and SO yummy!!  


Toffee Brownies

Ingredients:
1 family size brownie mix...9x13 size mix(and the ingredients it calls for on the box...water, oil, eggs)
3 Giant(6 oz) Symphony chocolate bars with toffee and almonds...my store only had the XL size(4.25 oz), so I bought 4 and used a little of the the 4th bar

Directions:  Prepare the brownie mix according the package directions.  Line a 9x13" baking dish with aluminum foil and spray with vegetable oil cooking spay.  Spoon in half of the brownie batter and smooth with a rubber spatula or the back of a spoon.  Place the candy bars side by side on top of the batter.  Cover with the remaining batter.  Bake according to package directions.  Let cool completely, then lift from the pan using the edges of the foil.  This makes it easy to cut the brownies into squares.  



NOTE:  If you would like the brownie part to be thicker....use an 8x8" or 9x9" inch pan.  Or you could use two brownie mixes for a 9x13".  I used one brownie mix and loved the ratio of brownie to candy bar :)
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting!!